top of page
- Fri, Oct 06North Carolina Rural Heritage CenterOct 06, 5:30 PM – Oct 07, 5:00 PMNorth Carolina Rural Heritage Center, 13043 X Way Rd, Laurinburg, NC 28352, USAThe Scottish Society of Wilmington will be participating in the Scotland County Highland Games this year! Sign up here to get the latest on our location and SSOW-related events. For tickets or more information on the Games, please visit carolina-highlandgames.com.
- Sat, Oct 14Moore's Creek National Battlefield ParkOct 14, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PMMoore's Creek National Battlefield Park, 40 Patriots Hall Dr, Currie, NC 28435, USAJoin us as we explore “The Ghost of Culloden” from Diana Gabaldon’s book, “A Breath of Snow and Ashe.” Moores Creek National Battlefield presents Outlander at the Battle of Moores Creek Bridge as our bi-annual Scottish Heritage Day Event.
- Sun, Oct 15Leland Brewing CompanyOct 15, 3:00 PM – Oct 16, 6:00 PMLeland Brewing Company, 133 Old Fayetteville Rd, Leland, NC 28451, USAcèi·lidh /ˈkālē/ noun: ceilidh; plural noun: ceilidhs; noun: ceili; plural noun: ceilis a social event at which there is Scottish or Irish folk music and singing, traditional dancing, and storytelling.
- Sat, Oct 21Gallants ChannelOct 21, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PMGallants Channel, 293 W Beaufort Rd Ext, Beaufort, NC 28516, USAThe Scottish Society of Wilmington will be participating in the Crystal Coast Highland Games again this year! Sign up here to get the latest on our location and SSOW-related events. For tickets or more information on the Games, please visit crystalcoasthighlandgames.com.
- Sun, Oct 29First Presbyterian ChurchOct 29, 11:00 AMFirst Presbyterian Church, 125 S 3rd St, Wilmington, NC 28401, USAMembers of The Scottish Society of Wilmington participate in this annual celebration of Scottish heritage. Sign up here to get the latest news about the service at First Presbyterian Church. Participants are asked to gather in the gymnasium at 10:15 am.
- Sun, Nov 19Location is TBDNov 19, 5:00 PMLocation is TBDJoin us as we celebrate St. Andrew's Day with a potluck supper and meet to discuss matters of importance to the SSOW Membership. We'll have trivia games, a raffle, history moments and a report on the state of The Society. This is an election year, so it is important to have a good turnout!
bottom of page